Ⅰ. 答案：1. danger 2. influence 3. volunteers 4. level 5. dormitories
Ⅱ. 答案：1. thinner 2. fortunately 3. finishing 4. education
Ⅲ. 答案：1～5. DDDBA
Ⅳ. 答案：1. in danger 2. poor mountain village 3. sent; to
4. for them to be 5. As; to help
Ⅴ. 答案：1～5. CDAEB
Ⅵ. 答案：1～5. DCDAB 6～10. CDBAB
1. Reading can give us fun and _______ our eyes.
A. start with B. turn up
C. take up D. open up
2. Lots of people in our city _______ the old and they usually offer their seats to the old on buses.
A. agree with B. worry about
C. laugh at D. care for
3. —Sorry, what did you say just now?
—I asked _______.
A. when did he leave
B. where you have been
C. whom will you go with
D. how I could get to the station
4. Don’t worry. Your son is _______. He needs a good rest now.
A. in danger B. out of danger
C. dangerous D. in bad health
5. It’s an important _______ for you, so take your time and think it over.
A. decision B. news C. accident D. result
1. The ice here is _______ (thin) than that there.
2. I was late, but _______ (fortunate) the meeting hadn’t started.
3. She said that she would return to the area after _______ (finish) her studies.
4. The families in the rural areas are so poor that there isn’t enough money for _______ (educate).
5. At first my parents didn’t agree with my _______ (decide).
The mid-term exams are over. You’ve done the hard work, but you can’t 1 . You have to prepare for the next exams. Do you hate exams? If you do, you’re not 2 . Students in other countries also hate them.
3 , for British students, they have fewer exams than Chinese students do. They only have them once a 4 . Every summer they take a 5 in each subject. Each test lasts about an hour. 6 the results come out, they are then written in an end-of-year report. The report is 7 to the parents.
Only the teacher, the student and his or her parents can 8 the report. This means that the students don’t know 9 other students scored in the tests.
Parents’ meetings are held 10 a year: at the end of the winter term and then at the end of the summer term. Children go along with their parents to meet their teachers.
1. A. leave B. study C. win D. relax
2. A. right B. kind C. alone D. busy
3. A. Really B. Finally C. Probably D. Luckily
4. A. year B. month C. week D. day
5. A. walk B. test C. look D. report
6. A. Because B. Before C. When D. Though
7. A. copied B. read C. lent D. sent
8. A. eat B. see C. write D. play
9. A. how B. why C. if D. where
10. A. once B. twice C. three times D. four times
We should protect wild animals _______ _______.
He is from a _______ _______ _______.
Government _______ some doctors _______ the poor rural areas.
It’s not easy _______ _______ _______ _______ a volunteer.
_______ a teacher, I am glad _______ _______ the students in trouble.
A. First of all,
B. You should also read English every day.
C. I feel worried about my English.
D. Don’t worry, let me help you.
E. You’d better answer questions in class actively.
A: What’s the matter with you, Bill? You look so worried.
A: What’s the problem?
B: I failed the English exam again yesterday.
B: What should I do?
A: 3 you must learn the new words by heart every day.
B: OK, I’ll work hard.
B: Er, anything else?
B: I’ll do as you told me. I’m sure I’ll do well in English.
A: Best wishes to you.
1. _________ 2. _________ 3. _________ 4. _________ 5. _________